My Projects

Made A Little More Progress This Weekend

Made A Little More Progress This Weekend

| July 21, 2014 | 2 Comments

This being my first attempt at wiring is making my progress ridiculously slow at best.  I finished elongating the wires from the ignition module and added the protective outer sheathing, then added on the other handle bar grip, headlight control module, clutch lever and cable, and then the bar end mirrors. My dad was given […]

×
Successful Startup and 3D Printing Tools

Successful Startup and 3D Printing Tools

| July 19, 2014 | 4 Comments

Two weekends ago we got the bike running!  Here’s a little sumthin sumthin of what went down. One of the many things I didn’t get when I purchased this bike was the original tool kit, which isn’t a big deal really, because from what I’ve heard most of the tools were crap anyway. But, it also […]

×
Prototyping

Prototyping

| March 3, 2014 | 2 Comments

My new optically triggered ignition from C5 Performance showed up last week and I can’t tell you how excited I was!  Since this is the very first kit they’ve created for the Yamaha XS750/XS850 I agreed to be the guinea pig and confirm the fit for the adapter plate, the encoder adapter, and also make […]

×
Make’n And Break’n

Make’n And Break’n

| February 3, 2014 | 0 Comments

To make a long story short, we busted shit this past weekend.  To be specific, one of the clip-ons had an an accident. We started where we left off drilling and tapping the spots for the compression bolts that affect the fork tube, and then switched to an end-mill to carve out the space to […]

×
Clip-on Fabrication Begins

Clip-on Fabrication Begins

| January 24, 2014 | 1 Comments

With the carburetors close to finished I decided the next step was to start fabricating the clip-on handle bars.  I’d been looking around the inter-webs for awhile for something strong and adjustable. What I finally settled on were the clip-ons made by Vagrant Cycle. Carpy sells them over at www.CB750cafe.com .  My dad got to work […]

×
Carb Rebuild Continues

Carb Rebuild Continues

| December 26, 2013 | 5 Comments

I had two carbs left to re-assemble and this time things went quite a bit smoother. I’d purchased some new brass T pieces from Mikes XS as per their suggestion from my email correspondence with them, but after I got them I realized these wouldn’t work on a 3  cylinder setup.  I knew they didn’t […]

×
Carburetor Rebuild

Carburetor Rebuild

| December 10, 2013 | 0 Comments

My goal was to not only complete the rebuilding of all three of my carburetors, but to also finish up tearing down my brake calipers AND prep my front fender for trimming down.  Unfortunately, as always, the first go around took more time than anticipated.  At least it’s not the middle of another riding season.. […]

×